Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dealing with Stupidity

This time my own. I ruined what was supposed to be a great week. I was going to be on the beach in Puerto Vallarta...sipping cocktails and Mexican beer, enjoying 80 degree temps, running on the beach, and spending a New Years Eve outside of the country, heck, outside of Minnesota. I was going on my own, but fully expected to get to know people while I was there and have a good time. Mainly it was the beach, the ocean, and sun that I was looking forward to, after what was a rough Christmas...not quite as bad as I expected it to be, but still sad and lonely with that person missing from the table. Unfortunately I was stupid. When I booked the trip, and at other times during the time leading it up to it I thought, hmm....I should double check that lockbox and make sure my passport is where it is supposed to be. I had had it out in August for something (misplaced driver's license) but was sure it had been put away....Last night, 5 pm, I went to get it and stick it with the rest of my stuff...no passport. I ripped apart my room and then the rest of the house and could not find it. Unfortunately doing this at 5 pm on a Saturday when you are flying at 7:30 am on Sunday there is nothing you can do to replace it. My birth certificate was there, but of course that doesn't help anymore going to Mexico. So instead of being on a flight right now, heading to warmth, I'm stuck in MN...had to change the ticket, which was non-refundable so while I'll get some of it back, I won't get all of it. And it was late for cancelling the hotel too, so a charge for that...but none of that is even what matters...I didn't care about that, I care about the fact that I'm an idiot and ruined what was going to be a nice relaxing time. It doesn't surprise me though. Karma can be a bitch and I probably deserve it for things I've done...I wish I was a better person, but I think this proves I'm not. When I booked the trip too, I intentionally booked it for new years because I get tired of always being the one that has to plan and work hard to get people together for it...this year I wasn't going to be here so no worries. Now I most likely will just sit home and be upset with myself for screwing up this trip.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Oh hun.. .I am so sorry to hear this. how frustrating.

Unknown said...

Very helpful blog. Many thanks.
http://www.themerchantsolutions.com/