Saturday, April 04, 2009

A Shout Out to Jim

OK, he's not reading this, I don't even know his last name, but Jim rocks. Yesterday my failure to put air in the tire that I KNEW was low, caught up to me. I got a flat...and I was in a hurry...it went flat near a service station so I was walking there to get help when I hear someone ask if hey can help. I turned surprised and a nice gentleman was getting out of his car and walking over to look at my trashed tire. I thanked him profusely and he got out a nice jack (I know the ones that come with cars are crap!!) and I got my doughnut out and in 15 minutes or less he had it on my car and was telling me about a discount tire place. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get that information from him cause it was at his desk at work and I was going to need it before Monday, but Jim was an incredible savior to me at that time since I was on my way to meet my sister and I really didn't have time to deal with the problem right then. Without his help I would've been paying a small fortune I'm sure to the gas station. I wanted to give him something and asked him if he would take something for it...and he refused. Talk about an extremely nice guy. My goal now is to find someone, or a few someones, I can at least do something nice for and repay Jim's kindness by paying it forward. Thank you Jim.

6 comments:

Jean said...

There is a poem by Sam Walter Foss called "House By the Side of the Road" that has the line: "Let me live in a house by the side of the road, And be a friend to man."

It is great to know there are people like Jim who are still out there. Random acts of kindness rock! Nice post, Danielle.

Anonymous said...

I love it when a Jim comes along. That's so awesome. Glad you were saved!

Hope you're doing well - been kinda quiet in your blogland lately. How's the Boston prep coming along? Feeling better about it?

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. glad you are safe.

RunToTheFinish said...

oh isn't that a wonderful thing, it makes you see that the world is a great place!! Unlinke what the news says!

L said...

Aw! Score one for humanity!

Dori said...

Minnesota Nice is alive and well! I had good luck at Costco when I bought tires; good price and great service at the SLP store.

Did you read about Boston in the May Runner's World? It might get you excited for your race. Kara Goucher is going to run and try to win it.