Friday, October 17, 2008

Recovery?

Mile 1 - 8:24
Mile 2 - 8:02
Mile 3 - 8:01
Mile 4 - 7:28
Mile 5 - 7:25
Mile 6 - 7:31
Mile 7 - 7:17
Mile 8 - 8:05

That was my run last night…around my neighborhood…over the typical hills that I run…I’d say I must be recovered from the marathon…

So I registered for a half next weekend. Originally was going to run it just to have something on the calendar for post-marathon blues (but then with Boston to look forward to I don’t have that) and then was going to just run it to run with a friend who is doing her first half, but with those splits, I might shoot for a PR…it was a thought in my head depending on how recovery was going (but it’s also dependent on weather, this is MN and if it’s cold I don’t run as fast or well although sometimes maybe I do since it’s cold and you want to get done and into warm stuff!). The race is an Ortho race and is the Monster half…people are encouraged to come in costume, I might actually do a little something…maybe some devil horns and a tail since that would be easy…if I was only doing the 5K and/or not shooting for a PR I’d go a better costume, but since it’s the half and trying to run well, well, you know how that goes.

Anyway, starting to get back to normal things, catching up on homework, etc after the wild weekends the last couple. First the marathon, then last weekend was wild and crazy celebration time with a friend (her new job, my BQ, some of the night might not be recalled quite so easily!!), a 10 mile run with a friend and then lazing the rest of the day recovering from the night before. This weekend will be more subdued (have options tonight but think I’m staying in and cleaning and watching some movies) but I like that idea…I have so many things I need to get taken care of and I’ve been putting off. Now is the time to do that. Fall cleaning and all…suppose need to get my fall clothes out and rearrange and clean out my closet…ughh…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are recovering so well.

MNFirefly said...

Nice recovery run!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're doing great and maybe even avoiding the post-marathon blues! Nice! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

Wow you recovered in no time flat!! I'd say still go easy on the half just to make sure you truly are back in fighting shape when you want to get serious about training again

Runner Leana said...

Nice recovery run! I like the sound of your costume idea for the half. Sounds like fun!