Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hump Day

I ran…it wasn’t far, it wasn’t timed, but it felt pretty good. This was the first I had run since last Thursday. Which OK, to some that isn’t much, but considering it’s been rare for me to take 2 days off in a row, and run less than 5 days a week (and usually 6 or even 7) that is a big deal. Especially since I was really just taking the time off cause I didn’t feel like running. I’m lacking that motivation still, but at least getting out for the 4 I did last night it felt OK and I enjoyed it, even though it was pretty warm and sticky. I haven’t fully decided if I will run tonight or not, maybe, maybe not, we’ll see. If I don’t, I’m going to attempt getting in a good yoga workout and/or stretch and get some cleaning done. If I do, it probably won’t be far, but that’s OK. This weekend I’m going to attempt a longer run at some point since next weekend I will be in Chicago.

Monday didn’t end up making it to the movie as we expected to do. It was getting late after we visited the bridge area and L was hungry and didn’t really want food from Brit’s. He suggested we could go buy the movie instead and then watch it at his place. I was exhausted by the time we finally started watching it, so we ended up stopping it and going to bed, but that’s OK. It is a good movie and it can be watched another time. I had seen it already (we almost got Blood Diamond instead and I still do want to see that, but will have to wait for another time). If you’re looking for just a cute chick flick, Music and Lyrics is a good one (I think it was Dori that asked about it). And as long as I’m reviewing movies, Bourne Ultimatum is definitely worth it. We saw that on Friday and it’s an excellent movie. I think I heard someone else saying this but it seems to be accurate, each Bourne movie just got better.

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Great job on the run. As for Brit's food, yuck! I went there too many times with the law students during my time at the UST Law School.

Nat said...

I've heard great things about Blood Diamond too. I'm hoping to see it in a few weeks so if I do, I'll let you know how it is!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I wonder if they'll make a movie someday about the bridge collapse.  Jack Nicholson could play a convincing governor.

JustRun said...

Good job on the run. You're in a fortunate time, where you can just do what feels good without the pressure of training. Enjoy it, right? :)

I definitely want to see Bourne Ultimatum, but I want to go watch the other two real quick so I can get into it! I am a dork.

Krista said...

Hey - thanks for the comments!
I've heard so many people say yoga is just what they needed to get back on track and re-focus. Hopefully that and a little break help you regain some motivation ...