Thursday, January 15, 2009

Update

So I'm thinking more and more it was PMS more so than SAD. I've actually been trying to force a bad mood this week and it's not working. Although I am in a slightly bad mood because this is MN and yes we get cold but Oh My God....this week it hasn't been above 0 since Monday. I've been inside running this week. And todays workout would've had to be inside anyway because I needed to do speed work, but I was not able to even get a workout in because it was so freaking cold my car would not start today after work. That's how cold it got...I think it was just tired by the end of the day and sick of the cold...so I couldn't stop at the gym on the way home as I was worried stopping my car it wouldn't start again. And at -6 without the windchill, I wasn't running outside. So no run...tomorrow my plan is now to get up early, get a run in in the morning and then either at lunch or after work get a strength session in and a second short run before going to the Gopher hockey game. It's also kind of a goodbye to a friend as well. It's supposed to warm up a bit tomorrow I think...I hope...I really am missing that workout today though. I wasn't up this morning in time to workout because I was out with friends for dinner last night...and wine...and cheesecake...

5 comments:

L said...

I blame every issue I have right now on the cold. 99% of the time, I think that's accurate. :)

teacherwoman said...

Oh this weather is rediculous! Awful!

RunToTheFinish said...

I am praying the weatherman is right and it will at least be 25 when i try to start my long run tomorrow morning, pllllease. but now we have snow, so who knows what the roads will be like.

Maybe you can get in some exercise at home? seriously bust out some denise austin, if you aren't laughing by the end of it well..

Chelsea said...

+1 for blaming all workout and life funk on the cold weather. How are we supposed to get excited to run on the treadmill or freeze our butts off skating around outside???

I've been feeling really bummed about running lately, too. I don't have any advice because it seems like you're doing much better than I am, but I wanted to let you know you're not alone. Hang in there. We'll make it!

Nat said...

It is a weather thing. A lot of people I know are having the same issue here in the cold MN!