Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yes, I'm Slacking

But thought before I turn in (I had a personal training session after work and man my PT is mean...OK, he's not mean, he's good...my shoulders are going to be aching tomorrow, along with my abs...we did what hurt me most last time, kind of on my request and he had me do 5 extra on the last set, and 45 second plank, on a scooter, and I actually said 5 more seconds, he said just 10 more so last one was a minute...now to get rid of the snacking so the fat goes away) thought I'd post real quick.

Last weekend was interesting. I was out for HH on Friday that went long and had a large amoung of beer, but was very fun and I might have to do one of those again soon...recovered on Saturday, crappy run on Sunday (18 miles that took almost as long as 20 should've). This weekend a friend is going to be here (tomorrow is my Friday she gets in tomorrow night in our upcoming blizzard) and we are hitting the Food and Wine Experience. I can't wait. Good wine. Good friend. I'll post more on that later.

Running...on advice from one friend, and my PT and myself...I'm taking this week mostly off, from running for sure and probably not much cross training since I decided I'm tired and don't want to get up tomorrow (we'll see, it MIGHT happen) for the gym. My running has just been terrible lately and I think maybe I need to reboot...maybe if I unplug myself from it, allow myself to unplug from it (except the run I promised my friend while she's here but it will be 3 miles at a slower pace) and then see what happens. I'm 8 weeks from Boston, but training is not going well and it's a combo of a lot of things I think. I'll be able to finish the race, just not as well as I would've hoped I could...we'll see what happens.

6 comments:

L said...

GOOD idea. Take it easy on yourself!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy! It will all come together.

teacherwoman said...

I am sorry that your training isn't going as you would like. Don't be too hard on yourself!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes your body and your mind need a break from running. Hopefully a little break will refresh you!

Glad your trainer is kicking your butt! :)

RunToTheFinish said...

Dude you qualified..the race is sort of like icing on the cake, I say enjoy it at whatever pace you want

Dori said...

All you need to do with Boston is finish. Don't kill yourself.

How was the Food and Wine Experience? I went when it first started at IMS--it was a nice getaway from February cold.