Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yes, It's Spring

Have I ever mentioned how much I love spring? Yes, anyone who has been reading here for any period of time probably does know, but man...I really do love this time of year. I went for a run on Monday and tonight...normally this wouldn't be a big deal but since Boston I have only run once a week and the most was 5 miles...partly I've been busy, partly I was still hurting (not from Boston but from that stupid back issue I still have, well, OK, hip). But Monday it was nice, and after meeting with someone to talk to them about my job (information interview) I really was happy to be out in upper 60s temps, no wind, sun, and the wonderful, wonderful smells of spring. There is no other season that brings out these smells and feelings. Summer really doesn't have smells so much, other than that sultriness on the warm nights. Winter is too cold to try to smell and fall gives me hayfever (OK, it can have nice smells but not enough) but Spring, wonderful Spring...it smells of that fresh scent of new rain...the first time the grass is cut, and the wonderful, wonderful flowers that bathe the air in their heady perfume. It's so fantastic and I can imagine it, and wish for it all year long, but now that it's here...and really, May is the month that it just really hits you most. Tonight was anther run like that. I could see and smell it everywhere. Lilacs are on the verge of full bloom. Apple, crab apple, cherry, and who knows what other trees are pretty and smell wonderful. Why can't it be like this year round?

4 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

ahh nice weather year round...pretty blooms yes this a great idea

teacherwoman said...

Yay... why can't the weather be like this year round. Oh wait. It's because we live in the Midwest. Or in other people's terms... the Tundra.

MNFirefly said...

I love my lilacs!! They are the best part of spring!

Runner Leana said...

I love spring too...just not when it is raining as it seems to have been here every day this week!

Hope your hip is doing okay!