Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Happiness is...

A boyfriend nice enough to follow you out on a long run and carry the water and powerade so you don’t have to wear the fuel belt you hate…

and hands it to you at regular intervals cause he knows you should drink it even if you aren’t wanting it at that time…

and bikes on ahead so you have something to watch and look forward to further on the run…

and tells you how good you are doing, and how proud he is of the fact that you finished the 15 miles in the heat and humidity (even though it got even hotter later but you didn’t get going quite as early as you would’ve liked to) even though you know it wasn’t a great run…

oh, and made your breakfast for you prior to the run and forced a recovery drink on you after…

Ah yes…he might be right, I might be a little spoiled…

8 comments:

JustRun said...

Awww, that is all very sweet! All runs should be so happy.

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a keeper! :) What an awesome guy.

Good job on that 15 miles!

MNFirefly said...

How COOL!

Anonymous said...

Your so lucky.

Kurt said...

Damn, tell him to come out here and do that for me also! No one carries water for me!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

You totally deserve this!

Ginger Breadman said...

Okay, Danielle - I gotta warn you about something. I had a guy who used to do that when we were dating. I'd run, he'd do the bike think . . . You brought back memories for me. The thing is . . . we've been married for 13 years. And when it got to the point when we had three kids and a minivan - he still heads out there with all of that in tow to bring me the fluids and make me drink. You have something pretty special going on. Enjoy it.

Andy Emerson said...

Catching up on your blog. I like this post. Make me smile.