Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Steamy 8 Miles

Ah, the hot and steamy tropics of MN…oh wait, we only think we live in the tropics, it gets quite cold here too. As we are reminded each October…

Last night I had a showing at my condo (yay, they even took a flier, this is only the 2nd time someone took one, but they didn’t take a disclosure sheet, so probably not that interested…sigh…) from 6-7. So I came home, took a short nap/rest time and then threw on running clothes and headed out into the steamy MN evening. It wasn’t so terrible. I opted to run around a nearby nature reserve with biking and walking trails around it. There is a water fountain and it’s mostly shaded, a 2 mile path, so I ran to it (a little over a mile) around it 2 times and then back, having added on at a few other places (I skipped my Garmin) I did approximately 8 miles. I was drenched when I got home. And the power was off. Yeah, that was fun. I NEEDED a shower sooooo badly…so showering in the dark. And it’s amazing how much we have learned behaviors. Walk into a room, turn on the light…even though you know the power is off! Ah well.

What’s funny is we had a power outage at work on Monday. It was off for about 3 hours…so I ended up going and doing a bit of shopping on Monday on an extended lunch. I needed new work clothes and it is summer clearance time, 2 skirts and 2 tops later, and only $45 out of my pocket, I didn’t think I did too badly…

It’s another steamy one tonight. I was going to shoot for a quick 4 as L and I were going to meet up, we haven’t gotten together since Sunday and he does claim he misses me, still not sure why on that, but he seems to, and I do enjoy spending time with him, and we didn’t get much quality time this weekend, so I was looking forward to seeing him as well, but he has something going on later now tonight, so I might just run a bit longer (in the steamy evening again) and then relax at home…have a nice salad and sandwich for dinner so I don’t have to cook and heat up the house….maybe I’ll go out for a beer later. I have people missing me as I haven’t been to my hang out in forever…

1 comment:

JustRun said...

I'll remind you of this steam in December. :)
Nice job on the running- hopefully they're getting better?