Sunday, August 02, 2009

Third 20

OK, is it bad that I've done one marathon already this year and only just did my 3rd 20+ run of the year? Yesterday met some friends and did 2 loops of the lakes for right at 20. We were all dying at the hill at mile 18.5 so walked it, and thought about run walking the rest of the way, but I think we all wanted to be done. It was tough and tiring...didn't drink enough water and probably didn't eat enough sharkies/shot blocks or anything I had brought along, but oh well. Survived it. A bit dehydrated though as I went to a party and had a headache that I attributed to dehydration, and being tired...My friend told me I'm never allowed to do 20 miles before one of his parties again. OK...guess that's fair! It was fun though, even though I was exhausted. On the agenda today. Need to run, but probably not till later. Going to get another hour or so of studying then get some lunch and maybe go picnic at the lake with it. Panera is on the way...need to run a few errands too. Maybe I should go look at replacement flooring...need to do that. I have the insurance money for mine that got ruined, now I need to make the arrangements to get it replaced...

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on run! My vote would be to take a nap instead of skipping it to attend the party.