Monday, July 28, 2008

Traveling to Oregon

My adventure started on Wednesday afternoon at the airport. I was scheduled to fly at 5:30 and was being picked up by Supershuttle at 2:45 or so, it was a little early and there were no other pickups so I was at the airport early and through security quite quickly since I had pre-printed my boarding pass. Gave me time to kill so I went for a beer at the Rock Bottom Brewery location at the airport. Had a couple there and talked to a few people sitting at the bar…then finally it was time to start the long journey.

Flight to Phoenix was uneventful and on time and on time to Portland. I had called Annette and told her things were looking good for on time and when I called her on arrival she was just getting to the airport. She had hurt her ankle earlier this week and was unfortunately out for the relay, but she came with Karen and Debbie who were running with us as well. We got back to Annette’s and plans for lunch the next day were confirmed. I got settled in and was out for the night. Of course woke quite early, even after having been up late, and after a shower and some chit chatting with Annette for a bit, Kristina and Karen arrived and we headed off to California Pizza Kitchen for lunch. We sat outside and had a nice conversation…finally we headed back and Annette and I went shopping for snacks for me to bring with for the race. Then some time by the pool and finally off to dinner at a little pizza place in Oregon City. Back from dinner and made an earlier night since it was going to be an early morning.

5 comments:

kay_elle said...

Good for you! Sounds like a great time. I may be out to bother you soon. Stay tuned.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time

Runner Leana said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more details of your trip!

MNFirefly said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to rest of trip report.

Molly said...

Yea!
Can't wait to hear (read)more!