Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Worries...

OK, on the injury update, my foot, still not 100% but I ran 3 yesterday morning and they were sore but not terrible. I worked all day in heels to keep it from hurting as bad and then I went for a 7 mile run (debating turning it into 8 or more but wanted to keep it light in case it hurt worse) on an out and back, limestone, flat trail…so it was softer etc…I had some slight pain for the first 3-4 miles but then it didn’t seem to be there or it went away…I think I loosened it up and it was fine, which leads me more and more to believe it’s just a strained muscle (how I strained it I have NO idea but whatever!!) and nothing more serious. I got up this morning and skipped the morning run just to be safe and while it was a little sore walking around, it didn’t feel too bad. I iced last night and again this morning and I’m going to take some Vitamin I before my run tonight just to be keep it feeling good.

Now, I’m so freaked about the idea of my time for this marathon. No idea where my confidence in myself went, but it’s so gone it’s just not even funny anymore. I feel like the idea of trying to run 8:12 pace is just unfathomable…if I can barely run 9:16 for my long runs, what am I think carrying the faster pace? Plus this is the same pace I had for my last marathon for my long runs and we know that didn’t get me a 3:35 so how can I possibly think I can run it this time around? Tempo runs have been worse, intervals, probably about the same. This week is also my final hard week before taper. I’m running Yasso 800s tonight. I’m shooting for 10 at 3:35 pace (maybe 12 depending on foot etc). If I can hit them all at pace or under, then I’ll feel a bit better, if not, well, then long run will tell me more. I’m going 22-24 on Saturday, going to start with a run up a hill and then down back into the lakes area that I like run, 2 loops around them and then back to the car which should be about the 24 miles (the chain of lakes run two loops is 21 miles). I’d like to average 9 minute miles or better…might as well put it all into that run as then I have 3 weeks to recover.

Weight, yes, yes, I know I’m not fat, but I want less body weight to carry for the 26.2 miles. I was yesterday 9 pounds above my goal weight (and 7 pounds above what my last marathon weight was) and today I’m finally back to within 5 pounds, but I don’t see myself losing 5 pounds in 3 ½ weeks…I could be back down to the weight I was at my last marathon, but I just wanted to be even a bit less, just to have less to carry. It’s going to be even harder to lose during taper as I run less too…sigh…why do I have to have these freak outs going on?? It’s too early for them…

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Sounds like water weight that's yo-yoing right now. Don't sweat it. I found an article in either Shape or Women's Health about the reality of weight gain/loss. It was a good read.