Sunday, June 03, 2007


Well, maybe not nerves, but something...I suppose I should be feeling something, but I'm not sure what. It's the day before my first day of my new job. Kind of a scary thing, like going to school for the first time again...

I have had a few days off from work over the past couple of days. It's been kind of nice.

My last day at the old job was sad, but I made my goodbyes, then met up with a friend for lunch. Later went out to my hangout and chatted with some friends and then went home to bed, as my dad was in town and I wanted to meet him for breakfast the next day.

I took my dad to breakfast to a place we hadn't been forever, not since I was a child and we used to go visiting my aunt and uncle that lived near the place. Then I got home, did some errands and a few things then met up with a friend and had a few drinks at his place, got some dinner then went to see GB Leighton at their regular gig, which was fun. My friend lives only a few blocks so we walked there and back and had a few beers along the way home too.

Woke up with a slight hangover, but went to breakfast, hit the farmer's market (miss the farmer's market on Thursday's downtown, only thing I miss about working downtown) and then I headed home and got my oil changed. Later, the friend came over and we grilled out and went to Cold Stone...OK, so this friend is a guy I've been kind of dating lately...maybe I'll have to give some more info on him...

My friend was heading out of town for the week but he had a heart rate monitor that he was going to loan me to try out as I've never trained with one and we've discussed training a bit...again more on that later, anyway, I went and got it from him. Got home and my roommate and I went out to dinner with a friend of hers and then another friend called, she was in town, and we went out and met her for a drink, which ended up being a late night.

Relaxed after Friday night and then just decided to stay in after running a few errands. It was a nice laid back night.

Went to Grand old day with my roommate, another friend and a friend of hers. It was nice, relaxed. Ate a bunch of fat bad for you food, watched some bands and had a nice afternoon even though the weather was bad. I thought about going for a run this evening but am just kind of relaxing. I did run this morning, which I guess helps...I should go figure out what I'm wearing on my first day at the new job...and get something rounded up for lunch tomorrow...


Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Hope tomorrow's first day goes well.

Firefly's Running said...

Good luck on your 1st day.

Me miss Grand Old Day. Me sad! :(

JustRun said...

Good luck on your first day!

Kurt said...

Just tell them your a runner and you don't expect work to interfere with it.

You will do fine of course.

So who is the new guy? C3? P0? R2? D2? So hard to keep up. I hope it does work out for you though!

Andy said...

How's the new job so far?