Monday, August 21, 2006

No Sleep...Thank God it's Monday...

Yes, that was right, Monday's for some reason always seem fast to me, Tuesday and Thursday are the drag days so it's good it was Monday today as the day has gone fast (maybe because I did come in a bit later to adjust to the new hours and I went to lunch with a friend which helped)...I literally got no sleep though last night. I didn't get quite enough sleep on Saturday cause I was out late, then got up early to go to the farmer's market with a friend, then her and I got her dog and went to Lake Calhoun to lay around and then go for a walk...then we headed back to my place at which time another friend called to let me know he was leaving work and would be to my place in a little over an hour (we were going to dinner). Got home, talked to mom and dad, complained about my balcony situation (will have to wait till tomorrow for more details on that) and then my friend got there and he and I headed out to have our "nookie" burgers...these are also known as juicy lucy's at other places in the area, but it's a burger stuffed full of cheese that melts and oozes out when you bite into it...so bad but sooooo good...and they have home cut fries, double yummy. After that my friend has never been to Barnes & Noble before (he's from South Africa) so we went there and looked around a bit and then rented a DVD...it was a bit late when we finished it and he decided to crash on my living room floor, I insisted he at least sleep in the bed in the spare room since I don't have a roommate as of yet which he did and he was snoring happily away in about 20 minutes...me on the other hand, who was exhausted, COULD NOT SLEEP!! I saw 12:00 am, 1:00 am, 2 am, I might have dozed in there but saw 4:00 am, 5:00 and finally got up around 6:30, did my run and headed to work...ughh...I'm functioning slightly today but also have to go to Barnes & Noble till 10...I am not going to survive the evening!! Need to be up early for 5 x 1 miles tomorrow...

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! I hope you get some sleep tonight. I will be out running tommorow.

kay_elle said...

Sleep tight Danielle! I hate it when I can't sleep too!!! Don't get discouraged.