Monday, October 15, 2007

Running Again

Alright, so I finally got a week in that might actually constitute a running week and be on the way to getting myself back up to what I had been used to all year. I ran Monday and Thursday last week, 4 and 5 miles respectively, at around 9:10 pace both of them...I did my yoga on Tuesday and took Wednesday off to recover from that along with having the chiro appointment. Friday I didn't get my yoga in that I planned, but oh well. Baby steps right? Saturday I did 6 miles even after being out partying like a rock star a little too much on Friday...it was an OK pace and things were feeling OK. Still a little tight through areas, but hopefully it will eventually go away. I then did an easy 3 miles on Sunday after the Vikings win to just keep things loose and knowing tonight I won't get a run since I have a chiro appointment. I feel good for the week and managed to get 18 miles in. That's the most since my 25K over a month ago. I'm not 100% yet, but working toward that and have a chiro appointment tonight that will give me my assessment, exercises to do and an adjustment I'm so looking forward to. I'll also go again, hopefully on Thursday and keep moving toward good final results.

I've put a training plan together to get me into running form to run a slow marathon in February too, even might have lined up someone else to run it as well. We'll see what happens. I already have one friend I plan to run slowly with...

2 comments:

JustRun said...

Aw man, if we were closer I'd run slowly with you. :)
Glad you're back at it!

Krista said...

Sounds like a good plan - slow and steady to get back to 100%. Good luck with the chiro; I think they work wonders.