Friday, February 29, 2008

Tag...

Thanks to Nat and Molly, I get to tell you 7 wonderful or weird things about me! And you have to read them!

1. Just before I turned 10, my cousin and I were playing croquet (on Mother’s day) and she was swinging the mallet like a golf club (we didn’t know better) and she ended up hitting me in the head, pretty much right on my right eyebrow, it didn’t hurt till I knew it was bleeding…mom and dad had to drive me to the emergency room 20 minutes away and I ended up with 7 stitches. They had to be taken out on my birthday a week later. What a crappy birthday! And yes, that is probably what is wrong with me!!

2. I trained for the first 2-3 months of my PR marathon on the treadmill. I was running 5-7 days a week, almost all inside (cause it was cold and crappy and I wasn’t as brave then as I am now) with up to a 16 mile long run on it before I could get outside. I was worried it would affect my speed but first chance I got to run outside it felt even easier, so the treadmill can be a good thing.

3. I am a bit on the shy side, but no one who knows me believes this…but I swear I’m a split personality when I’m on vacation…vacation Danielle can be a blast.

4. I think it was 2002 I was out in Seattle for a wedding…well, it was in OR actually, but I met a friend that lived in Vancouver to go to the wedding…we had met when we were 14 but hadn’t seen each other since, I was about 28 or so then…we went to the wedding and were then going to hang out in Vancouver, but I was feeling a little uncomfortable, so I had him drop me in Seattle and was debating changing my ticket, but rented a car and was going to Pike’s Place market but somehow ended up at Hemp Fest instead, where I started talking to this nice little stoner guy (older gentleman but very nice) that I had a couple of beers with, and then called a friend, who I knew had a friend in Seattle…long story short, my friend contacted her friend who contacted me and I ended up staying with her and her boyfriend and had a blast all week doing random fun things around the city alone and with her, her boyfriend and other friends of theirs…Like I said, vacation Danielle can be a blast!

5. In 2001 one of my best friends and I went to Italy and while in Venice, it was raining and we stopped into a bar, started talking to this very cute Italian boy and then a couple of gay guys who were down from England on holiday…during this time Andrea (cute Italian boy) had stepped outside and I followed him and had the most romantic kiss ever with him on this little side street in Venice with a light rain falling…

6. I’m addicted to the Internet…OK, not as bad as some, but I LOVE email, and emailing people and even more so getting to know people that I meet online.

7. I didn’t get drunk (well buzzed or so) for the first time till I was 18. I never partied or drank in high school. I was really the good child…first born, did everything I was supposed to, always home on time…rarely lied to my parents…

Here were the rules are as follows (I'm required to post them):
# Link to the person who tagged you
# Post the rules on your blog.
# Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
# Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
# Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

Since it seems most people have been tagged, consider yourself tagged if you've read this and post it if you haven't already done so!

No comments: