Saturday, August 02, 2008

Long Run Saturday

Long run with the group today. It was a set 18 miles and we ended up with 18.35 on my Garmin. Pace was 2:47: 54, and overall pace of 9:09. Not as good as the last couple, but I survived it, which was the important thing. We ran starting at Lake Harriet, and went out 9 miles long the Twin Cities Marathon course and then back, not quite the same route but close, so I've seen a portion and roads of the course that I haven't seen or done before. Nothing too scary there...the biggest part of the hills is toward the end, and we do that section of the course as part of the long runs too.

I got done and was beat. My legs are still feeling really tight, I didn't stretch as good as I should've that's for sure. And my heel was aching badly. I've iced it twice and used a golf ball on it a bit trying to loosen it up. I was supposed to be going to the Nine Inch Nails concert tonight, but Trent Reznor is ill and so the concert was postponed...probably a good thing for me since I am achy...had a few options of other things to do, but not sure yet if I will or not.

I'm thinking that everyone is right too, about me maybe not being recovered from last weekend. I have been extra tired this week and that could be why the runs haven't been so good. Although Tuesday was decent and today I kept up with the leaders in the group so who knows. It was a bit more difficult on Tuesday though. My debate now is run tomorrow and get my planned mileage for the week (I'm at 45.35 right now and planned 50) or take it off and try to let myself recover a bit more. We'll see how I feel in the morning I guess.

Oh, and I think I'm finally caught up on my blog reading after being gone!!

4 comments:

JustRun said...

Wow, how are you already at 18? Where have I been?

Way to go!

Anonymous said...

REST!! It sounds like your heel and body need it.

Molly said...

Thanks for your advice. I think you are right on the meds...I usually try to start too many things at once and I think I have done it again.
I agree that you might need a little rest!
Take Care

RunToTheFinish said...

Is it weird to be jealous of someone running 18 miles? I think it might be...soon, I'll be back soon!