Saturday, February 03, 2007

Arctic Blast


So last night I got a run in in single digits...this weekend is going to be all below 0. Normally last night, the night after my longer run, I would've just done an easy 4 recovery or so, but instead I extended it to 6 because I was feeling OK and the weather was OK. Managed 54:39 for 6, just over 9 minute miles, I guess that's acceptible. I may brave it today, but not 100% sure on that so if I don't, at least I managed something! I don' t know that I really want to leave the house, but I really do have a few errands I kind of want to run and I wouldn't mind going and using the elliptical trainer...I just know how cold it is, even though I haven't been out, because I did go out for a drink last night and met some friends and it was cold, but not horrible when I got there, but when we left at 2...ouch...the blast was awful. One of my friends that was leaving at the same time as me stopped and was wanting to carry on a conversation, the other two of us were very much, "Come on C, let's go, it's freezing" so we walked and tried to talk, both of them were very drunk though so it wasn't much of a conversation!! They suggested I should come with them as they had beer and movies, but having had only 3 beers in 4 hours I really just wanted to get home and into my own bed, instead of sharing a couch! I did stop at the grocery store on the way back too, but I didn't quite remember to buy everything I needed....so to the gym or not...


There in lies my debate...is it worth it? Not sure I'll manage to leave the house today, but I don't really want to stay in either. I actually don't work tonight or tomorrow. I have a party to go to tonight night, and I feel like I should go and it's not far from my house, and I haven't managed to go to this guys last 3 parties, so I really do want to go to this one. I guess I'll see!

3 comments:

JustRun said...

Why not stay in and rest and then go out for the party later?! That's what I'd do, even if I hadn't already been out for a run today.
:) It's COLD!

MNFirefly said...

Take it easy for most of the day and then decide later what you want to do.

Anonymous said...

Breast Cancer marathon
Common Breast Cancer Myths

The first myth pertaining to this disease is that it only affects women.

Second myth that is associated with this disease is that if one has found a lump during an examination, it is cancer.

Third is that it is solely hereditary

The next myth associated with breast cancer is downright ridiculous. Would you believe, that in this day and age, some individuals still think that breast cancer is contagious?

Conversely, some individuals foolishly believe that breast size determines whether or not one gets cancer.

Finally, another myth that is associated with this disease is that it only affects older people. This is not so. Although the chance of getting breast cancer increases with age, women as young as 18 have been diagnosed with the disease.

You can find a number of helpful informative articles on Breast Cancer marathon at breast-cancer1.com

Breast Cancer marathon