Thursday, February 22, 2007

Great Website

I just wanted to blog this so I won’t lose it and share with others. On a fluke after eating at California Pizza Kitchen last night and wanting to know the calorie count (well, not really but I decided to check) on the pizza I ate (it was Lent, I only had boring cheese, but it was with the honey wheat crust which is excellent and has to be a healthier option to the regular crust right??) and I stumbled across this site:

DietFacts

They don’t have health information for CPK, BUT they do have it for a lot of other restaurants and I found it to be quite interesting after trying to find some information for what I had had at Old Chicago on Sunday night. I don’t eat out often (although that may seem surprising since I’ve eaten out already twice this week and have plans to have pizza at a favorite local place on Friday night and am meeting a friend on Saturday, although honestly if I eat then, it will most likely be Subway or something) so this is a fluke week. I almost never go out, I prefer to make it myself and save the money and calories for other things!! But I’m weird that way. Eating out at restaurants has just become such an ordeal with serving sizes and all that. I’ve never been a big fan of leftovers, some things are fine, but most are not, so I’d much rather have half the portion they want to give me and pay a little less, but that isn't an option at most places. Even with the obesity epidemic they seem to still go over the top, Uno Pizza boasts a 10 oz hamburer...umm...1/3 pound is usually more than enough for me, and for my size, 6 ounces of meat a day is the max I need…not to mention the food is usually made with lots of butter and oil and other things to make it bad for you when I know I can make it at home with half the calories and fat and it tastes just as good!!

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

OMG!! What a shocker!!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Pizza is one of the only foods I miss while dieting.  It causes me to put on weight and I'm also allergic to the cheese.

Are you on a diet now?  What are your goals?