Friday, February 16, 2007

Thursday Recap and Friday Night...

Ok, I know what I really need to do. Stop complaining and just quit…but it’s not quite that easy as the little bit I do make actually is used toward a couple of expenses that were unexpected in the last year and I’m trying to get paid off and a little bit of “fun” money…my budget is just too tight right now…then there is the brief thought I’ve had of buying a house and the fact that I’ve been at B&N for over 2 years and the income provides something would be a plus in approval on a mortgage, but it so just doesn’t seem worth it. For one thing I thought I was working 6-11 last night, bad enough as it’s just late when I have a million things I have to be focused on right now at my day job, and then get there to find that I was wrong, I actually worked 6:30-11:30, so almost midnight before I got to bed and then I was up hitting snooze till 6 before trying to get to work at 7, I was here just after…Anyway, annoyance from last night and please, tell me if anyone sees anything wrong with this picture and/or phrasing (remember, I work part-time, 10 hours a week, that’s 2 5 hour shifts a week and no more unless absolutely necessary!)…I need March 9-18 off. I might be going to my parents during part of that time, I have friends coming into town, there’s, of course, St. Patrick’s day (and I worked the darn thing last year, this year I am going out wearing my clover lei and shamrock glasses damnit!) etc…so I told the store manager (there are 3 of the managers we can have write down that we need off on the calendar and she was the one available, and this is almost a month away that I need this time) that I needed those dates off. She right away says, the 10th isn’t going to work, we have too many already off that day (I think there is some event of some sort that day as there were only 4 written down for off that I could see), and I said well, I’m going out of town…she asks when I work again, and I said Monday, she tells me she’ll put it down with a question mark that Lynn will have to take a look and decide…umm…still going out of town (probably, might go that Friday night and come back yet on Saturday, just figuring that out), then she actually tells me “well, next time talk to us before you make plans to leave town”…ummm…yeah, I’m part time. So, that’s when I threw out the bomb “my mom is turning 60…and my dad is retiring” she says, “oh, well, guess that can’t be controlled.” Hmm…you think. OK, technically my mom’s birthday is the 16th, but I was going to go home at least part of the weekend before cause a friend is in town the next weekend and I haven’t seen him in a couple of years. I’m pretty sure I will be giving my notice on Monday when I go in. This will cover in case they try to schedule me the 10th. Even if I don’t give notice, I will not be working the 10th. I can guarantee that.

On a little better note, hell project is getting close to being done I hope. I’m tired from work last night, exhausted from the stress of the week, ready to kill all of my boss’, might have to blog on that at another time…let’s get this straight, I do like them usually, but right now it’s just too much!! But anyway, I did get an 8 miler in at lunch yesterday, and today I did 30 minutes of strength training and tried to convince myself the treadmill is my friend, but unfortunately it just wasn’t happening…I skipped elliptical too. I might go for a 3-4 miler tonight, AFTER I take a nap that is. The temps are warming up, I’ve watched it go from 9 to 11 to 13 and now it’s 16…it might hit the 20s they were predicting yet today. And next week a heat wave!! We are supposed to get into the 30s!! I won’t know how to dress for that.

Today on a debate with myself, but I think I’ve found the answer. I have a friend that wants to have people meet up for a happy hour, I’m just too darn tired. If I do the happy hour I pretty much have to be out for the evening, and that just doesn’t seem appealing. I need a little recovery and some down time before I head there, just because I’m so tired from no sleep last night. I could run there for a drink, go back home, attempt a quick nap and then get out for the evening, but that wastes an hour in the driving to the happy hour and back (30 minutes each way figuring parking and all that). I’m bummed cause it’s at a place I haven’t been in ages and I’d like to go, but I’m just so tired I don’t see it happening. I think instead I’ll head home, take a nap, go for a 3-4 mile run, have a little dinner, drink a daiquiri and then go to my regular place when my friend gets to my place around 9 (which I told her to do!). And she has very strict orders to keep me away from C...long, long story on that one and I'm still confused...maybe something will end up here on it, but I don't know that I want to bore everyone. Sounds so much less stressful though just starting from home later…I feel bad though as I’d like to talk to the friend at the happy hour anyway, as I haven’t seen him in a while…this would be J2…

4 comments:

Ginger Breadman said...

Happy Hour? Everyone needs a little happy hour once in a while. TGIF!

MNFirefly said...

Go home and rest, girlie! You need it!

Unknown said...

This blog needs some photos.

Kurt said...

Go to happy hour for a bit but you need rest more. Your in training for the marathon, rest and rest, J1, J2 and J3 will always be there. If not we will work on the some other letter in the alphabet for you!