Saturday, February 17, 2007

Better Weather = Better Running

Finally…an OK run…at OK paces!! This was just an easy run, keep things loose, in prep for my long run tomorrow. It was set to be 5 miles, but I did 7 as it felt fine. It’s finally warming up a bit and by later this week it might actually be in the 30s (it was mid 20s for a high today). It was a bit windy, but not terrible. I had a bit of a rough night last night, so it actually surprised me that I was able to run OK…might have to write up a second post about that…but I did the 7 miles, averaging 8:47. This is the best run, pacewise, that I’ve had since winter really set in. Being able to run with fewer clothes might have helped!!

Mile 1 – 8:38
Mile 2 – 9:07
Mile 3 – 8:43
Mile 4 – 8:52
Mile 5 – 8:48
Mile 6 – 8:23
Mile 7 – 8:49

Up tomorrow, 16-18 miles…

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice pace!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Good paces, Danielle.  You are definitely back in the game.

Glad it's finaly warming up.  It's getting better here in Chicago also.  I may even run outside myself at some point soon.

Good luck on your long run today!  Have fun!