Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't Forget Tax Day!!

All the wonders you seek are within yourself.-Sir Thomas Brown
Just wanted to type up a quick update that hopefully I’ll be able to get up tonight. I wanted to still keep with the 30 days of positive and I know next week I’ll most likely miss a couple since I’m on a work travel thing (more on that at another time).
Update on grandma is that the cardiologist is recommending surgery. Grandma is willing to consider it and they will meet with a surgeon this week and find out more. If she opts for it, they will do more tests to find out what more besides a valve replacement might be necessary (hopefully that’s it). She’s much stronger now, fluid is almost gone from her lungs which is good news. I wish the surgery wasn’t a necessity, but I did find out more about the surgeon and he did his cardio thoracic residency at Johns Hopkins, which to me says something. I’ll most likely be making a trip down to see her and my aunt who is home from Alaska right now, this weekend. My mom thinks I should get together with my sister to do the drive, which would be nice to have someone to ride with, we’ll see.

In other news…heel…kind of the same. It’s a little sore, but not terrible. I did 20 minutes on the bike warm up, 15 minutes strength and 10 minutes ab work and other things and then back on the bike for a 30 minute workout (no hottie today, was a sad day!) and then to work. I couldn’t get to sleep last night (maybe because I went to bed around 10:30 on Saturday night and slept till 8:15/8:30 and laid in bed till 9 on Sunday morning!) and didn’t get a great night and tonight supposed to go out to dinner for a work thing. I’m contemplating bagging that partly because I just want to go home and veg and partly because I don’t want the temptation of eating a bad for me dinner!! We’ll see what happens.

3 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Nat said...

Hope you are doing okay. Thinking of you.

Runner Leana said...

My thoughts are with you and your grandma.