Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I ran to Best Buy...

Literally...during my lunch. I have to say, this order on-line pick up at the store thing is GREAT!! Yesterday I tried to find one last gift for my brother at the store, they didn't have it that I could find, so I went on-line and found I could pick it up at the Best Buy I had been in...so I ordered it, paid for it, then just needed a confirmation slip and my ID to go get it. I planned a run for lunch time (as is semi normal for me these days), it was sunny, uppper 30s (warm enough that after a mile I took off my gloves and wished I had worn one less layer) and Best Buy is 1.8 miles away according to mapquest. I ran out and a mile in turned down one path to do a mile out and back (my plans had been 6-7 miles today), which I did over some pretty hilly terrain. Then a little swoop down and around to end up at 4.5 miles when I hit Best Buy...took about 10 minutes to get my item, but thankfully I got there before the rush!! Then out the door, down the road and back to the office in another 2.5 miles for 7 miles in 1:02:31, just under 9 minute pace...not bad, particularly considering the hills. And one less stop I have to make on my way home. I LOVE it. I have my workout in for the day, I have one of my errands off my list, and one more stop should get the rest of my Christmas shopping done. I need to hit the post office for Christmas stamps and Marathon Sports to buy my new shoes and sport wash and then I can relax the rest of the week...except of course packing to go to my parents on Saturday.

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Wow! How awesome, Dani! I love that service too...less time in the store especially time of the year - plus preferred parking too.

JustRun said...

So cool, isn't it? I love "running" errands... I did it over the summer for the first time and it's so fun! Puts a whole new purpose and distraction into running.