Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Monday Evening Run

Another nice run, although still felt slow...I suppose I can't expect the runs to be that fast when I'm wearing all the extra clothes I have to to be able to keep warm this time of year. I think the temps were probably low 30s when I started out after work around 5. I got home, it felt cold and I was talking myself out of the run, but decided no, I can't do that, so I headed out and ran 5 instead of the 4 I had planned. It was dark by the time I started and deep dark by the time I got home, but that's OK...only 3 more days to the shortest day of the year and then the days will start getting longer. It's what I use to get myself by these dark days!! I did get a strength session in yesterday as well. Now today I'm planning about 7 at lunch time today and hopefully yoga when I get home since I didn't want to get out of bed and do it this morning.

After work today I have errands to run. Yesterday I managed to get part of my brother's present bought, and the other part of it purchased and waiting for me to pick up at Best Buy tonight (I LOVE the fact you can purchase on-line and pick up at the store!!), a quick stop at Target should be able to get a couple other small things bought and hopefully one other present for another friend and then I should be done, except for a couple of small stocking stuffers for mom (I do the shopping for dad most years for that) and maybe a stop at my running store tonight to pick up shoes at 25% off!! I can't wait till I'm done with all this stuff. Why do I put it off? Some years I'm really good about getting things bought ahead of time, not so good this year. I haven't even gotten my Christmas cards out yet...even though most of them have been addressed for close to a week and the letter has been written for a while too!! Sigh...

No comments: