Thursday, July 20, 2006

Congrats to Charlz Newman

I just realized I never got around to updating my blog yesterday…unusual for me during the week, but it has been a hectic week and I have tons to get done before it’s over with…Yikes.

I got home on Tuesday and did a light 4 mile run to loosen things up from the morning workout and did some stretching, then yesterday morning did an easy 3.5 before going to the gym for some strength training. This morning I was going to get up to run my 8 mile tempo run but was up too late last night, and construction kept me from getting home sooner so I slept in till 6:45 this morning (man that felt good) and am going to run it this afternoon…and I’m still contemplating getting up early for the long run and doing it tomorrow just so I can sleep in on Saturday…

Anyway, this is so cool though, the reason I was up so late was because a friend’s band was playing in a battle of the bands, actually it’s called “Have a Nice Gig” part of the option to win a chance for local bands to open for Bon Jovi on their tour. There were 64 bands to start with and a local radio station narrowed it down to 10 that listeners were able to vote for to narrow down to the final 5 that played on stage last night for judges from a couple of record labels (including Geffen, Bon Jovi’s label) and the fans got to vote…well, there was one band that had a huge number of people there, so we figured for sure they were going to win…then the radio station had to drag the stupid thing out forever so it was almost 10 when it got done, I expected it to be over by 8 or 9 at the latest, (the thing was to start at 5 and there were only 5 bands, they each played 5 songs), well it started late, they too SOOO much time between bands that it lasted so long, but I had to stay and find out the results…Charlz Newman WON!! I was so excited for them. The one of them that I know the best is a HUGE Bon Jovi fan so it’s like a huge dream come true for him. I’m so jealous myself as I LOVE Bon Jovi, I was supposed to win the tickets to see them play at Giants Stadium but alas, it wasn’t to be…Anyway, big congrats to Charlz Newman for a great show and winning set. They really deserve it.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

I hope you got your run in this afternoon. Nice job on your run yesterday.