Friday, July 07, 2006

Restless

I don’t know what’s wrong with me today…well, yes I kind of do. I’ve eaten crappy for the last couple of days. I started well, eating good during the day, but ate so much crap at night, mainly large amounts of fat. This is terrible. I try to limit myself to 60 grams of fat, 20 grams of saturated fat a day, I know that I occasionally go over this, but if overall in a week I keep it under those limits at least 5 of the days I’m happy, but so far this week has been terrible. Not to mention the fact that last night I didn’t get to sleep till probably close to 1, so needless to say I didn’t get up and get my AM workout in, which is something I was so used to and good at. Now today I’m restless, I want to go home and nap but I don’t really have time with having to get my run in before mom and dad get up here. I actually contemplated scrapping the run this afternoon just for a nap, that is so bad and I’m going to hate myself if I do, particularly since I have yet to figure out best way for my run tomorrow…see, mom and dad are coming p and staying at my place tonight. They will be up kind of early to run errands and such, but I won’t be up early enough to go run before I feel I should spend time with them and by the time they leave it’s going to be quite warm, so I’ll still run but it won’t be a fantastic run. Not to mention I have a potential roommate coming to look at the place tomorrow too. That’s going to be tough with parents there!! It always gets messy with extra people darnit…ughh…I actually was looking forward to just staying in and doing nothing today (except maybe going to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2) now I have my parents and my “fuzzy” baby brother going to be there…sigh…Not that I don’t want to see them mind you, I’m fine with the visit, just guess I wish I wasn’t working on Sunday so I could relax all day and plan for workouts then maybe…I just wish I wasn’t feeling so crappy about things, particularly my diet, today…I need to get back on track and working toward next goals and I’m starting to flounder I think. See, I think maybe I just need to stay in training mode all year round and forget races. The tapering and recovery has just killed me!!

5 comments:

SRR said...

This is not a set back for you. You have done so much since your marathon just a few weeks ago. Your body needed to have a little bit of fat and whatnot to maybe recoup...so to speak.

And what a better way to know if the roommate will really work out...meeting the parents so soon! :-)

MNFirefly said...

Take it one day at a time. If your run does not work today, don't beat yourself up for it. Try again tommorow or the next day. Plus it's SO warm the next few days that you almost need an AM run to get it done.

Kurt said...

DG, relax, breath and it is okay to be "bad" now and then on the food. Your an awesome runner, you work out well and the parents can fend for themselves.

Do I need to dig a second hole for another roomie?

The beach is awesome here right now. Find something relaxing to go do and have fun. I am taking Maddie to Pirates today and then to the beach! Yeah for fun time with a wonderful 8 yr old!

mg said...

A little "down" time every now and again isn't necessarily a bad thing. As long as it doesn't get excessive, I think it's even a good thing for the body to have a period where you're more lax on the diet. Hope the parents and potential roommate visits went well!

Andy Emerson said...

True, a little down time (1 or 2 weeks) while you are lax on the diet isn't bad. It makes you realize how much better you feel when you are being more strict. You'll be more likely to stick with it for the long term.

It is too bad how tapering messees up our routine. I guess we just need to expect it and accept it.