Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday, July 11 Intervals

Alright, not a lot to put in for today, so guess I’ll state my workout…although I have to say, sleep does wonders for the body. I crashed before 9 last night and slept hard all night…I got up at 5:30 (was out the door at 5:43, I was actually up a bit earlier than that, but I was poking around doing other things) and headed out for a 6 mile interval/repeats workout. I’m semi starting over and know that my body is still acclimating to the humidity and still somewhat recovering so I went light, 6 x .5 with .25 recovery. Shooting for 3:45 pace.

1 mile warm up about 9:05 pace
1 - 3:38 a bit fast, but it was down a hill
2 – 3:37
3 – 3:53 not sure why this was so slow, was getting a bit warm and tired
4 – 3:43
5 – 3:44
6 – 3:45

I then ran a .75 to finish up the 6 miles home. Not sure on the pace on that, but I’m thinking around 9:00 or so as the whole run was 55:20 for a 9:15 pace. Not bad, not as fast as I want them to eventually get to, but again, it’s a build up and lots of factors keeping me from being faster right now, important thing was hitting my goal of 3:45 as next week I want to speed them up to the 3:30-3:35 or true Yasso 800s as a predictor of marathon time.

Anyway, the sleep did good for me too as I managed to finally toss off the tail end of my cold that was still affecting my voice. Yay. Now to figure out the rest of my week. I want to be up early tomorrow for 4 miles and a strength session…means being up by about 5:30 again…Thursday/Friday is the tough decision, it’s supposed to get really hot the end of this week, 90+ and maybe into the 100s along with high humidity. I’m volunteering at the Lifetime Fitness Triathalon on Saturday, so my 15 mile long run would not happen till 2:30/3 that day, and that’s going to be warm…I can’t be up before that I don’t think as I work till 11:30 and have to be to the race start by 7 am…so I was going to go Thursday evening after work, obviously that now is going to be a tough thing to do with the predicted heat. I could get up in the morning on Thursday but am going to see a band play on Wednesday that could go late…so if I’m going to get up early, Friday might be the better day…decisions, decisions…If I didn’t work on Friday night, this would be so much easier!! And I’m so bad with decisions.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Girl, Friday would be a MUCH better morning to do the long run. The weather this weekend is going to SUCK...BIG TIME. Thank goodness for indoor treadmills (ugh!) to get out of the heat. Thank goodness that the triathalon is in the morning - not in the afternoon. I will totally feel for the athletes that day.

Awesome run and time!

SRR said...

Hmmmm...is running in the evening before work an option? Probably not enough time?

mg said...

I didn't know it was going to be so hot until I read this - yikes! Looks like maybe Friday would work best; are you still running the 5 miler on Sunday?

Nice job on the intervals!

Danielle said...

I don't think I'll be running the 5 on Sunday anymore, I doubt it will be 5 even anyway, but I have to be out of town and don't think I'll make it back.

The tri doesn't seem to start as early as it should in my mind considering the heat!! Not sure I'm going to be able to work out to work at it either...:( I am getting up most likely by 4 am to run on Friday...ughh...

Yeah, unfortunately not enough time between jobs, home by 4:20 and off to job 2 by 6:10 or so...I need about 2 1/2 hours for my 15 miles...I can do shorter runs in there, but not longer ones.