Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Break? Finally?

From the cold that is. It was sunny and fairly warm yesterday. Not that I got to enjoy it as I was at work by 7 and here until close to 5…and it will be more of the same today (since we have wrap up meetings at 4 and they will last till at least 4:30/4:45 again today I’m sure). My intent last night was to get home, work on my essays (until I realized I had left my jump drive with the essay drafts on it at work), maybe even going to Caribou or something to work on them so the TV and other things weren’t there to distract me. So instead I managed to clean my bathroom (desperately needed it and a big nice cleaning too, spring cleaning time!!) and do some research for a contract I’m in the process of negotiating. I was up later than planned, but oh well. Got up and was at the gym today, running, by 5:20!! And hottie showed up around 5:30 and was on the bike…I was so bummed as I almost started on the bike darnit…and he apparently only used it for a warmup as 15 minutes later he was down strength training…ah well. I got to view him on the weight floor as I ran by the windows each lap. I managed a good 4 miler, somehow sub 8 minute pace for it (must’ve been the false alarm first lap when I thought I saw him on the treadmill, but it was someone else, just had a similar build from the back). 31 or so minutes…tonight, since it’s supposed to be 40+ I’m going to run another 6 miles, 3-4 at 8 minute or faster tempo. After my run I biked, was going to go 30 minutes but wanted to see if maybe I’d bump into hottie as he left the weight room, unfortunately that didn’t happen, and when I walked out to my car, I THINK I JUST missed him walking out as I am pretty sure he was walking to his car (since it’s now dark in the early morning I didn’t have a clear view, so am not 100% sure it was him, but it could’ve been!!). Ah well. As I’ve said, there is no way I’ll ever talk to him, unless he says something to me (and even then I’d probably just stammer out something stupid anyway). I do appreciate the words of confidence from everyone on what I should do, but see, for one I would never interrupt someone during their workout, and for two, I’m just way too shy to approach someone…so instead he’s just my motivation to get up early and get to the gym before work…

2 comments:

Molly said...

I am so impressed you get up so early!
I hope it continnues tot get warmer for you...it was 66 here yesterday and that should continue through the week...
Take Care

Runner Leana said...

Yeah, I'm definitely an "admire for afar" person as opposed to a "take the bull by the horns" person. At least he's nice eye candy and good inspiration!