Sunday, March 02, 2008

Procrastination

So, right now I SHOULD be working on my essays for grad school...yes, I need to get them finished. I have had intentions of getting them in all February and STILL haven't finished them...And what am I doing right now?? Surfing the internet and typing a blog...oh well. I should've brought my laptop with me to my parents and I might have had one of them almost typed today when I was discussing it with my parents...I even thought about it more on my run this afternoon too...it's too bad my thoughts can't type for me...


I was at my parents for the weekend. After a slow trip down on Friday, I got to their house, changed clothes and went to meet them for a drink. Had a couple of beers and then went back to their house and went to bed. Had a little snuggler with me (see picture on the right), then up early the next day and went to visit grandma. Was at her house for about 6 hours, visiting, had lunch, then went back to my parents where I took a nap and then went for a quick 4 miler before getting ready for the dinner and silent auction to raise money for the town foundation. A couple of beers and then a fairly early night and up early, visit with parents a bit longer then got on the road back to the cities so I could do a run. It was supposed to be 38 and it had to have hit that or higher...it felt really nice even with the light mist coming down. I managed my 12 in a 9:02 with a last mile of 8:41.


Now, I suppose...back to those essays and maybe the homework from my financial advisor, and a quick review of a couple of work related things I didn't get to on Friday...and maybe I should think about some "real" food (the Godiva hot chocolate, cheerios and fruity cheerios didn't quite do it!).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the essays. and what a cute snuggler!

MNFirefly said...

Good luck getting those essays done.

Molly said...

looks like our little snugglers would get along well.

Take Care

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Your blog post dealt with the only three topics that matter:

• beer
• running
• dog snuggling

I hope to see more of this from you in the future.