Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Flurried Run

Intellicast said a 40% chance for snowshowers/flurries this afternoon in the greater metro area…ummm….Intellicast was right. I set out for my run around 12:15 or so…I was going to go between 6 and 8 miles, pretty much right from the start it was flurrying…nothing bad, it really wasn’t bothersome and hey, actually it’s usually almost warmer when it snows anyway (temp was 22 felt like 16 before I left). I was warm enough, it was just interesting running with the snow. And of course the paths around work were cleared, but not great and that light layer is enough to make things slick…I also know when I got back to the building Garmin had some issues with losing signal, I should’ve taken a different route as it told me mile 7 was 11:11 pace. I know it wasn’t that slow. There were some hills and it was slick and I was feeling it a bit, but I did not slow down that much from the 9:15 or so pace I had been pretty much running up to that point. Plus the fact that it told me I was at 6.66 miles and then when I had run at least another .10 it was still saying that (something about that number maybe?), so anyway, mile 7 was long I went most likely just over 8. Problem with where I work, we have two 14 story towers I run near to finish up, might have to adjust that part of my run in the future!! Overall not a bad run though. Just slower due to the slick and hills. I’m glad I got it in though. I might do 30 minutes on the elliptical after work too, but we’ll see. Right now I’m still trying to warm up. It wasn’t bad while I war running and I was warm right after, but now an hour or so after finishing I have a hot cocoa and I’m still cold! I could so snuggle under a fuzzy blanket and take a nap right now too. 1:17:27 for the time. A 9:40 pace. Definitely not a good pace, but considering the conditions, I guess it wasn’t bad. Plus I had 47 miles last week and after today I’m at 18 for this week. Haven’t finalized a plan for the rest of the week, but I’m thinking I’ll have at least 35-40…I did take yesterday off from running though. I elliptical and strength trained and worked last night. Tomorrow will be elliptical and strength during the day and then a run after work. I should get that yoga going too…maybe I’ll do that tomorrow morning. I need to start getting up earlier anyway…prep for those double days or days I need to run before work to get it done.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the run!