Saturday, January 27, 2007

Long Run and Friday Festivities

The temps held, the wind came up a bit, but I got my longer run in last night. I even managed an OK pace, well, paced it out the way Pfetz suggests, slower first half, faster second half...I got started right after 5, finished just after 7, had about 30 minutes of sun, so I ran a couple of laps around the nearby park paths that I tend to avoid when it's dark (I figure a girl running alone in a semi-wooded and pretty secluded area not a good idea) and then headed out into my neighborhood streets. I had decided at one point that 12 would be OK, based on the first few miles, they were slow the way it was supposed to be, but my legs were feeling really heavy and I didn't think the 15 that had been at the back of my mind was a good idea. I did hit a point where I decided 13 would be good though and finally settled on 14.

Mile 1 - 9:30
Mile 2 - 9:33
Mile 3 - 9:46
Mile 4 - 9:36
Mile 5 - 9:06
Mile 6 - 9:22
Mile 7 - 9:02
Mile 8 - 8:56
Mile 9 - 8:52
Mile 10 - 8:30
Mile 11 - 8:55
Mile 12 - 9:02
Mile 13 - 8:40
Mile 14 - 8:57

It was nice to get another negative split run in, even with the way my legs are feeling. I might take today off, just to let them loosen up a bit.

The rest of the evening was quite interesting...I was supposed to meet J2, but never did get in touch with him, so I called another friend as we had discussed maybe going out, we haven't been out in a while, she's been going through some things and I just figured she'd let me know when she was ready to make an appearance again, so we made a trip out, and it was a fun evening. She wanted to celebrate being done with her annual review, so we had a shot to start the evening and figured that was it. I had a couple of beers and not having eaten much combined with running 14 miles it all went straight to my head. We decided to call J2 and our friend C so went into the bathroom and called...Called C first and he wasn't sure about going out due to being a little broke right now, but we offered to buy him a couple of drinks so he came down...then I called J2 and he declined and apologized for not getting back to me. He was on call and needed to be available in case people started calling, needing him (he's a defense attorney). A few drinks and couple more shots and my friend and I were feeling good, C and I were chatting and it was getting close to time to leave and we realized my girlfriend was missing, she had taken off to go to a friends place nearby but had intended on being back, we closed out her tab for her and C gave me a ride home (since I had ridden with my friend, thing was, she wasn't going to be able to drive anyway, so it's good she went to the friend's place). It was quite a fun night, but definitely don't need to do that again for a while!! So glad I had the run done last night now for so many reasons...(the temps did drop as predicted).

Today so far I have been lazy. I made a trip to get some highlighting stuff, plan to put highlights in my hair before going out later. My girlfriend found out a boy she was checking out on new years and who had been out last night is going to be at a place nearby tonight and we might make a swing by to say hi so she can flirt with him. Neither of us plans to have the kind of fun we had last night though!

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

OMG! How rude. She should have at least given you courtesy to let someone know - much less the bartender too. Have fun tonight!